Thursday, February 18, 2010

Hey, Thanks For Being Cool.

Dear E.J. Dionne,

First off, she has awesome ideas, and her view on the reason why we are in a state we are in, against conservatives and republicans is about right-on, and I admire that. In my opinion however, I don't particularly think that the Democrats and progressives are 'losing' per say. I do, however, think that in the Republicans' minds we are losing. In my mind, we are simply at a stalemate with the opposing party, and they just seem to think they've won already. The victory of Republican Scott Brown is a bummer, and may have put us behind a couple paces from where we initially wanted to be, but it's not like Obama is just going to give up from there, he's the president, and he will no doubt have a back-up plan. If he doesn't, cut my legs off and call me shorty. If anything, this fallback will set him farther in his plans, and we will see even more effort out on his part. We just need to, first, get some peoples' heads on straight. If we're lucky, maybe even a bit lopsided to the left, eh?

And if the Republicans refuse to cooperate, this will not mean that the bill isn't moderate. It will mean only that Republicans refuse to vote for a moderate bill.

^^ This happened to be a high point of the article for me. As it is a rational statement, it also gave me a slight chuckle while reading it. Those two sentences, my friends, is what I call right on.

What do you do when, someone out of nowhere says something so incredibly ridiculous, that you can't help but snort, but they really think they know what they're talking about, and in reality it's pretty offensive, so you call them out on it, and then they end up being crazily defensive, and you just want to give them a giant dork stamp, but you know that wouldn't end well? Do you do what I did, and stay away from them and their BS (basil and sea-salt) and all the high school drama that they are bringing to the dinner plate, or do you be assertive and fight for what you wish they could see is right?

I'm too tired right now to read this article but, I really like the way that blogger writes. It makes me tingle with excitement, and almost want to read the damn thing! But I didn't, yet.

I did, however, read this one. It made me superbly happy, because CSA simply RAWKS. Even ask my dad, pseudo-step mom, and pseudo-step mom number two (along with her kids and husband).

Hey, speaking of food, which is one of my very favorite subjects... now that my blog is apparantly popular (23 fans on Facebook), I want to tell everyone that the Gladcow Cookbook is pretty much the best thing EVER. Here you are now. Let's see, I like everything in it. Especially the Cheezish Macaroni, Scrambled Tofu, Scones, Lemon-garlic pasta, and OH SO MUCH MORE.

While I'm in the advertising mood, buy a Lucky Fish.

Have a good Friday tomorrow, and TGIF it up all the way. I know I will.

2 comments:

  1. Edits:

    Sudo = pseudo.

    The cookbook link takes me to Morocco.

    ------

    Go to bed. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always wondered how you spell that...

    I fixed my issues. Thanks for being my CRITICIZER.

    ReplyDelete