Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Catholic.Org... not the best source.


Here is an article from Catholic.org that I thought was deserving of blogging about.

I'm sure we've all been watching the Prop. 8 trials for months now. Here's a Catholic's point of view on how a gay judge, is exactly like a man owning a gun. Hm?

“This is no different than having an avid gun collector preside over a Second Amendment case,” continued Barber, “or a frequent user of medical marijuana deciding the legality of medical marijuana."

Well, yeah, okay, but even being totally cool with marijuana myself, noooot so much over the guns, I still fail to understand why the fact that "9th Circuit Court of Appeals Judge Vaughn Walker as an active practitioner of the homosexual lifestyle", and what he does on his own time, should be an issue. Okay, he will obviously be for gay marriage, but that's like saying a homophobe can't be a judge either, which I know the Conservatives wouldn't say.

And why must they say it so grotesquely? It's pretty clear to see, based on the way they are wording things, that they are afraid of the word "Gay". You know, Gay was once a very happy word. It's still a happy word to me, but I'm probably just as biased as a judge 'practicing' the homosexual lifestyle.

Here's what I think when I read that sentence: "I need to go practice being gay, sorry".

SO HEY CATHOLIC.ORG... Thanks for not being biased like a gay judge.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Todd. You're an awesome man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. when I read this on my iPhone last week and couldn't comment because of assiness, I wanted to say that the Beeb (bbc, natch) is a great news source.

    now that I'm reading the comments, I wish I had something snazzier to say...

    ReplyDelete