Thursday, October 27, 2011

The Exception

My french exam went swimmingly. At least, I think so. We'll see on Monday. I mean, Lundi.

Cardinals won the world series or something! I actually had to have it confirmed that they were a baseball team. I was thinking hockey for some reason. I know nothing of sports. Except yoga. Which, to you non-believers of the power of yoga... you try sitting in lotus for five hours straight. Or the crane, ohhh the crane.

Apart from my lack of passion for baseball, there is something I am passionate for. And that would be the prohibition of Fox news. Okay, that's not completely true. It's nice to have a little self-esteem boost every once in awhile. You know, seeing their ill-conceived "facts" and incredible fallacies. It makes me go "Wow, I'm not dumb at all. If half of the US population watches this shit, I am way intelligent". This boosts my small hopes of getting into Reed or Brown (on only scholarships...). Though the Fox watchers can buy their way in, right? Because, as far as I'm concerned, if you're a rich white man, it's somewhat acceptable (SOMEWHAT) to watch Fox news.

People always tell me I'm an "exception" in regards to my generation. I think I'll just allow my cocky self (I hate that adjective... let's go with self-involved instead) to leave this sentence at that. Muahaha.

I'm sure you've heard about the gay marriage equality in the military scenario. If not, you can read an article from the Washington Post. The thing with gay marriage anything for me, is so, dead. Maybe it's just this skewed view from my gay eyes, but I do not understand AT ALL how the fuck this is still an issue. I mean, I know that there are so many homophobes out there that think AIDS can spread like spores. If a gay man breathes in your general direction, these little hairy things levitate your way and land on your face and you absorb it through your blood stream and BAM. AIDS. I just watched Mary Fisher's speech for the first time the other day in my speech class. It was so moving- I cried. If you haven't seen that speech, you are missing out so hard.

Seriously though. Being gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, or whatever- it's CLEARLY REAL. People clearly are having these emotions, because they are involved sexually. Most people believe in "love" right? Though I can honestly say I haven't had an opportunity to discover this great entity, it's a very universal belief and no one is going to get pissed off at saying "Love is REAL" because whether you are gay or straight or anything else, you do feel it. As far as I know, someone correct me if I'm wrong please.

"God" on the other hand, while I try not to criticize anyone on their religion (unless they're ignorant about it), isn't something that is clear to everyone. Yeah, a lot of religious folks might get mad at that claim, but it's factual. I don't think the existence of "God" is clear. Maybe I'm not enough of a complex thinker, but it just seems to rely so much on... faith. Which to me, faith is kind of a bullshit word. I believe in science, because it CLEARLY heals more than prayer, it CLEARLY shows us processes and outcomes. Right there before your eyes. No, science doesn't prove everything, there is a huge universe out there, there could be anything. Do not tell me however, that you believe there is one mighty man (I might be more accepting if it were a woman) who created us for a purpose. If his purpose was cheap entertainment, then OK. I could see that working. But while so many Christians have the reasoning that the universe is so big there must be something out there, and it must be Him... I say, it's more likely we are living on a speck of dust on a flower in an elephant's hand.

So, religion is unclear to me. It's a foggy way of believing. But back to the same-sex marriage issue (or as it should be "MARRIAGE"... I also hate that we define it as some sub-species thing). It is so clear that it exists. It's right effing there. So why do we even question it? Why do we try to restrict it? It's a natural way of life. If you don't think so, because you don't know a "gay" person.... Hi, I'm Syd. Lesbian as all get-up. Let me change your perspective. Please.

I was going to comment on Rick Perry's stupidity of the day, or hour even, but I'm out of virtual breath and I want to sleep for once in my life.

Hey, there are no graphics in this post... here! To refresh your memory, or to change your life.




Love your neighbors! Unless they're evil.

Hm, how churchy of me.




No comments:

Post a Comment