Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Oh hey there American Government class...

Bonjour!

Alrighty, my classes are shaping up quite nicely. French, Speech, and American government. I think this will be a super fun term! Full of... voicing my opinion. Especially in American Government!

My instructor wants to show this blog to the class, so I figured I had to clean it up a little. If this is being read out loud right now in the class I am awkwardly sitting in, well, I don't know what to think. Just don't look at me, okay!

What's wrong in the world today? Well, first of all, my Obama 2012 sticker is STILL NOT HERE. That's annoying. And the other day I saw a bumper sticker that said "NOPE" and in smaller print "Let's keep the changes in America". I'm disappointed in myself for ever thinking there was any sanity left in these ignorant people. So, I am forcing myself to accept the fact that they will never make sense(as a side note that I cannot resist, KEEPING CHANGES? Is that possible? Does that make any sense at all? NO).

Aside from my oxymoronic encounters, what else is going on?

Chris Christie is not in fact running for president. I am relieved, as I hope most people are, but at the same time I am afraid of the potential stupidity these other candidates could cause. Michelle Bachmann makes me want to cry for all of my fellow gay kids, and Rick Perry makes me want to cry for America. Well, okay, both make me want to just cry in general. Which means it's time to buff up and voice my opinion!

Oh, and President Obama is just a "bystander in the oval office". I chuckle to myself as I sit in lotus position on my school-book-covered bed and listen to my favorite cheerful Celtic band. Chris Christie is so dumb.

Guess what, I'm still not old enough to vote. But hey, there's always my dad to influence!

I have recently begun the process of starting up an organization called Salem Youth For Change. Basically, it's an attempt at getting the younger generations aware and active. I'm looking for speakers and helpers for our first meeting! Which will basically be a democracy style discussion.

Here's the blog: salemyouthforchange.blogspot.com
Here's the Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Salem-Youth-For-Change/194264657302063

So even if you aren't "youthful", we would LOVE to have your support and ideas included. You can also email us at salemyouthforchange@gmail.com, get added to our emailing list yo!

But enough advertising. My internet is having a poopish connection. That has no relevance. Continuing...

Glenn Beck is becoming the new Oprah, everyone! McKay Coppins headlines a post on the Daily Beast with "Former Fox News firebrand Glenn Beck is busy building a Winfrey-esque empire. He tells McKay Coppins exclusively how his new GBTV online network will rival Fox—and why all politicians are liars".

My position has changed to a ninety-degree angle with my back rested against a pillow, and I sigh in with a feeling of both disgust and sincere hope that Americans can stop being ignorant assholes who actually believe a word that comes out of Beck's mouth. My second sigh is accompanied by a head-scratch.

That's all I have time for tonight, holy geebs it's already 10! Sleep must reign upon me now!

Au revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment