Monday, July 26, 2010

A Post To Grab Attention

Lately, I have been way out of politics. It's summer, things are boring, I just recently broke my laptop charger... again, and I've just been busy (aka, lazy).

What I usually do before making a post, is look through all of my favorite news sites, and pick what I want to write about. At some point in my blogging life, I want to be able to post about one subject, instead of shoving a bunch into one post. I will do that... But not right now.

Honestly, I've been a lot more into environmentalism than politics. Would you be sad if I morphed the two issues into one blog? Since, they kind of go together anyway. Or should I make a new environmental blog? And continue strict politics on this one? As you might already know, I am a very indecisive person. I've been trying to do better but, these things take time. Anyway, I don't know what to do.

I recently watched the documentary No Impact Man (I know, I should read the book). It was really awesome. I know it's an old news kind of thing, but either way it makes you want to do even more. I felt really terrible this morning for buying an iced latte in a plastic cup. I knew I would be buying it, but I still didn't bring my own cup. I really suck.

My plan for my future is this: Environmental Studies, Peace Corps, making a positive impact on the world before my time is over. Even though I haven't started college classes yet, I want to be able to start early, and do as much good for the environment as I can. Who wants to help me?

I've been jotting (I love that word) down some things I can do in my newly purchased journal (made in China because I suck... it was used though) but there are more things I want to do that I can't do by myself.

Let's make a community garden in downtown Salem. For those of you who don't live in Salem, you can donate your thoughts and ideas for it. I know, I know, I'm just a dorky kid with ideas that zoom way past my maximum thought process, but I want to make a difference.

I have had many conversations with people I love about my future. One concern I have seen come up way too often is "How will you make enough money to live off of?". Here's my response; I don't want to make money. If I can support myself enough for food and electricity in a stuffy apartment, I am totally cool with that as long as I am doing something I love.

Apparently, going into Environmental Studies will not get me a very high paying job unless it is something more specific. And yes, most people might go into things like being an environmental lawyer or scientist or whatever, but I am more into the social impact of the study. Reaching out to other people, starting my own community programs, reducing everyone's carbon footprint.

I will work in a coffee shop saving every last penny to do it.

Here I am, a fifteen year old hippie wannabe with dread locks and hairy legs, with a strong, individual opinion, wanting to just make a difference. Please don't disable my dreams.

1 comment:

  1. 3 things..........1. I want to help you. 2. Your journal used, so, ITS FINE where it was made. 3. I vow to not disable your dreams, just help them come into reality-that is best of my abilities and resources!! You'll be much much happier than most ALL million/billionairs.

    ReplyDelete